Technical due diligence
Commercially focused due diligence
Commercial and industrial buildings must satisfy a complex range of needs including operating efficiency, long term durability, and increasingly strict statutory requirements – all at minimum cost, and more than ever, the success of a building lies in its ability to respond to the changing needs of corporate users.
Shortcomings in design, construction or maintenance can therefore have a significant impact on the cost of ownership and cannot be ignored when planning an acquisition.
Decennial insurance affords only limited protection against the consequences of design and construction errors, so technical due diligence is an essential step to acquiring property in France as an investment or to meet operational needs. Our services include:
- Detailed inspection of the property by Chartered Surveyors
- Thorough analysis of all technical documentation – in the dataroom and on site
- Q&A exchanges with the vendor to clarify issues
- A ‘red-flag’ report shortly after inspection, highlighting key points
- A full report with a budget of anticipated capital expenditure